When I was little, we used to spend a lot of time at my cousin’s house. My mom and my aunt...Read More
Author: Carla Alvarez
So what exactly is the “discerning of spirits?”
It is one of the Gifts of the Spirit. The King James Version translates it as “discerning of spirits.” The English Standard Version translates it as “distinguish between spirits.”
I think that both are true.
Purpose of Discerning of Spirits
As with all of the spiritual gifts, the purpose is to build up the body of Christ. Each person is given a gift that is meant to work in coordination of another. Because of that, Paul instructs the church:Read More
Most of the time when I’m in the car I’m either listening to my theme CD or KSBJ, but the other day I had the radio on a regular station and “People Like Us” by Kelly Clarkson came on. Even though I know it is a completely secular song, it struck me how closely the words reflected the battle that the Christian walk is.
Just as C.S. Lewis pointed out in his essay “Myth Became Fact” (God in the Dock) that we have a certain yearnings built into our DNA that were expressed in myth and fulfilled in Christ, many songs . . . the good ones anyway . . . are a cry out for the gifts God has promised us: love, peace, and joy.Read More
You often hear people say:
“They give me the willies”
“You look depressed.”
“It was a very tense situation.”
“I felt someone looking at me.”
When someone talks about picking up on the emotion of a person or the spirit/atmosphere in a situation, we understand what they mean. Ninety-three percent of communication is communication by something other than words.
Discerning of Spirits Meaning
But many times the concept of “discerning of spirits” is foreign, or a little uncomfortable for people.Read More
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/raised/public_html/wp-content/themes/Extra/includes/template-tags.php on line 54
This album has been my “wake up” music lately. KSBJ plays “Build Your Kingdom Here” on the radio fairly often and I ended up buying the whole album.
It repeats the conviction that the change, and the Kingdom of God, is supposed to start with each one us.
Bringing the Kingdom
At first, I didn’t realize that “we” included me. I used to organize a community event which was pretty big and people who were thinking about starting one would call me asking for advice.
That is what I what I thought she was doing . . . just asking for advice.Read More
Subscribe to Podcast
- The Synchronicity of God
- Hearing God's Voice : Thoughts & A Review of Discerning the Voice of God
- Developing the Gift of Discerning of Spirits
- Discerning of Spirits Examples
- Discerning the Presence of the Holy Spirit
- Renting Lacy Summary
- Jehovah Nissi - Our Daily Deliverer
- Discerning of Spirits in the Bible
- What Would it Look Like if We Really Believed God Exists?
- Justice and Mercy Meet in Grace: A Review of the Two Powers in Heaven
- What is the Origin of Easter?
- What Does the Bible Say About That: A Response to Jerry Falwell
- When Good Intentions Aren’t Enough
- On Hanukkah, Hypocrites and an Open Letter to Ted Cruz
- On Forgiveness, Justice and Matt Lauer
- What Does God Mean by That?