Since this is the 4th of July weekend, the praise today is “America the Beautiful” sung by Judith Roberts and the choir at Second Baptist North. We all know that July 4th, 1776, was the day that the Declaration of Independence was signed. But what about the 5th? The fifth of July was the day that the declaration was disseminated and published, posted and sent to the troops 1“Creating the Declaration: A Timeline.” National Archives. Accessed 5 July 2013 http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_timeline.html 2“Committee of Five.” Wikipedia. Accessed 5 July 2014 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee_of_Five . It was the day that action was started to...Read More
Author: Carla Alvarez
While it may seem cliche, I am very thankful that I live in a country where we can worship God freely and openly without infringement. As of today anyway.
Just because it is that way now, it doesn’t mean it will always be that way if we do not guard it carefully. There is a huge force to minimize, to trivialize,and even to criminalize Bible believing Christians. We are the new group that is on the government “watch lists.” People are being penalized for standing firm for their faith.Read More
One day I was browsing through the bookstore at my church while waiting to pick up my kids and I came across this book, Nine Days in Heaven, by Dennis and Nolene Prince.
The book is an update of one originally written titled Scenes from Beyond the Grave in 1859 by Marietta Davis, a young woman who was in a coma for 9 days, during which time she had an experience of heaven.Read More
Subscribe to Podcast
- The Synchronicity of God
- Hearing God's Voice : Thoughts & A Review of Discerning the Voice of God
- Developing the Gift of Discerning of Spirits
- Discerning of Spirits Examples
- Renting Lacy Summary
- Jehovah Nissi - Our Daily Deliverer
- Discerning the Presence of the Holy Spirit
- Discerning of Spirits in the Bible
- What Does the Bible Say About That: A Response to Jerry Falwell
- When Good Intentions Aren’t Enough
- On Hanukkah, Hypocrites and an Open Letter to Ted Cruz
- On Forgiveness, Justice and Matt Lauer
- What Does God Mean by That?
- 15 Bible Verses About Love
- What does God think of your house?
- It’s Not All About You: A Lesson from the Life of Solomon