[amazonmp3 asin=”B000TDWQBY”] Artist: Chris Tomlin Album: How Great is...Read More
Author: Carla Alvarez
This past weekend I saw a production of C.S. Lewis’s Screwtape Letters by Fellowship for the Performing Arts. It’s been awhile since I’ve read the book, but Lewis is one of my all time favorite authors.
Below is a clip of the play and viewers’ comments:Read More
Discerning of spirits is one of the “knowledge” spiritual gifts. It can be used to determine the source of what appears to be manifestations of the power and speech gifts versus false signs. It is also used in identifying situations that need intercession.
So how do you develop the gift of discerning of spirits?
First of all, every single experience should be tested against the Word of God. If you think that you have this gift or if you want to develop this gift (we are told to desire the gifts,) it is very important to make reading, studying, and memorizing the Word of God part of your daily lifestyle. You have to have a solid foundation to work from.
It is also important to be with a group of like-minded believers. First, to test what you are experiencing to see whether it is from God or not and to judge your assessment. Second, to learn from.
So what exactly is the “discerning of spirits?”
It is one of the Gifts of the Spirit. The King James Version translates it as “discerning of spirits.” The English Standard Version translates it as “distinguish between spirits.”
I think that both are true.
Purpose of Discerning of Spirits
As with all of the spiritual gifts, the purpose is to build up the body of Christ. Each person is given a gift that is meant to work in coordination of another. Because of that, Paul instructs the church:Read More
Subscribe to Podcast
- The Synchronicity of God
- Hearing God's Voice : Thoughts & A Review of Discerning the Voice of God
- Discerning of Spirits Examples
- Discerning the Presence of the Holy Spirit
- Developing the Gift of Discerning of Spirits
- Renting Lacy Summary
- Jehovah Nissi - Our Daily Deliverer
- What Does it Mean to Quench the Spirit?
- The Great Digital Escape
- Apologetic Books for Writing
- On Elections, Faith, and Parties
- Apologetic Books and World Religions
- Spirit of the Rainforest Review
- An Intro To Apologetics
- The Power of a Spiritual Journey: A Review of “By Faith” by Nancy Gavilanes
- The Apologetic Value in Film and Visual Arts