He is currently on a missionary trip in South America. I guess, this struck a cord with him because apparently other cultures have trouble understanding our usage of the word “just.”Read More
Category: Praise God
Most of the time when I’m in the car I’m either listening to my theme CD or KSBJ, but the other day I had the radio on a regular station and “People Like Us” by Kelly Clarkson came on. Even though I know it is a completely secular song, it struck me how closely the words reflected the battle that the Christian walk is.
Just as C.S. Lewis pointed out in his essay “Myth Became Fact” (God in the Dock) that we have a certain yearnings built into our DNA that were expressed in myth and fulfilled in Christ, many songs . . . the good ones anyway . . . are a cry out for the gifts God has promised us: love, peace, and joy.Read More
This album has been my “wake up” music lately. KSBJ plays “Build Your Kingdom Here” on the radio fairly often and I ended up buying the whole album.
It repeats the conviction that the change, and the Kingdom of God, is supposed to start with each one us.
Bringing the Kingdom
At first, I didn’t realize that “we” included me. I used to organize a community event which was pretty big and people who were thinking about starting one would call me asking for advice.
That is what I what I thought she was doing . . . just asking for advice.Read More
I go through kicks where I’ll listen to certain songs over and over, and “It Starts With Me” by Tim Timmons is one of them.
Part of what I love about it is that it is really what the Christian life is about. It’s so easy to read directives in the Bible and think about how other people need to change. But really, God is talking to us.
One of my favorite passages is Psalm 51:10-13:Read More
This song has been playing quite a bit in our house lately. From what I gather, this was one of the theme songs at Second’s beach retreat this year.
At the end of each day, everyone at camp would go to a service. There would be music performances, and Dr. Young would speak. The deal was that every time this song came on, everyone would have to jump.
When Avery came home from camp, every time the song came on the radio she would tell her sisters they would have to jump.Read More
- The Synchronicity of God
- Discerning of Spirits Examples
- Discerning the Presence of the Holy Spirit
- Hearing God's Voice : Thoughts & A Review of Discerning the Voice of God
- What Does "My People Perish for Lack of Knowledge" Mean?
- Developing the Gift of Discerning of Spirits
- Renting Lacy Summary
- What Does it Mean to Quench the Spirit?
- Announcing #NoFear: A 7-Day Devotional Journal to Overcome Fear & Anxiety
- How to Pray Effectively: A Review of “Strike the Mark”
- What Does “My People Perish for Lack of Knowledge” Mean?
- Tending the Lampstand: On Repentance and Righteousness
- The One Year Chronological Bible on YouVersion
- A New Word and New Focus for 2019
- The Great Digital Escape
- Apologetic Books for Writing