Tag: Council of Nicea
Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Easter Eggs and Maundy Thursday: Where Did Our Easter Traditions Come from?
For the past several days, I’ve been compiling information on local services for Easter and Holy Week. Aside from the Easter and Christmas Christians, there really are people out there that don’t have a church they would feel comfortable walking into if they felt so led. This was my little contribution by removing one excuse from the equation.Read More
As I mentioned in another post, I go into the Kingwood Garden Center once a week to get information for their newsletter. This week Michal wanted to include a blurb titled “Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Citrus” as a lead in to suggest giving citrus trees as gifts.
As I started gathering the information, the thought crossed my mind to see if there was actually a connection between Christmas and oranges. So I googled “Christmas and oranges” and a whole series of articles on oranges in Christmas stockings and St. Nicholas came up.Read More
Subscribe to Podcast
- The Synchronicity of God
- Hearing God's Voice : Thoughts & A Review of Discerning the Voice of God
- Developing the Gift of Discerning of Spirits
- Discerning of Spirits Examples
- Discerning the Presence of the Holy Spirit
- Renting Lacy Summary
- Jehovah Nissi - Our Daily Deliverer
- What Does it Mean to Quench the Spirit?
- Preparing for Harvest
- What Would it Look Like if We Really Believed God Exists?
- Justice and Mercy Meet in Grace: A Review of the Two Powers in Heaven
- What is the Origin of Easter?
- What Does the Bible Say About That: A Response to Jerry Falwell
- When Good Intentions Aren’t Enough
- On Hanukkah, Hypocrites and an Open Letter to Ted Cruz
- On Forgiveness, Justice and Matt Lauer