Tag: Council of Nicea
Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Easter Eggs and Maundy Thursday: Where Did Our Easter Traditions Come from?
For the past several days, I’ve been compiling information on local services for Easter and Holy Week. Aside from the Easter and Christmas Christians, there really are people out there that don’t have a church they would feel comfortable walking into if they felt so led. This was my little contribution by removing one excuse from the equation.Read More
As I mentioned in another post, I go into the Kingwood Garden Center once a week to get information for their newsletter. This week Michal wanted to include a blurb titled “Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Citrus” as a lead in to suggest giving citrus trees as gifts.
As I started gathering the information, the thought crossed my mind to see if there was actually a connection between Christmas and oranges. So I googled “Christmas and oranges” and a whole series of articles on oranges in Christmas stockings and St. Nicholas came up.Read More
Subscribe to Podcast
- The Synchronicity of God
- Discerning of Spirits Examples
- Hearing God's Voice : Thoughts & A Review of Discerning the Voice of God
- Discerning the Presence of the Holy Spirit
- Developing the Gift of Discerning of Spirits
- Renting Lacy Summary
- Jehovah Nissi - Our Daily Deliverer
- What Does it Mean to Quench the Spirit?
- How to Pray Effectively: A Review of “Strike the Mark”
- What Does “My People Perish for Lack of Knowledge” Mean?
- Tending the Lampstand: On Repentance and Righteousness
- The One Year Chronological Bible on YouVersion
- A New Word and New Focus for 2019
- The Great Digital Escape
- Apologetic Books for Writing
- On Elections, Faith, and Parties