Is the main Bible you read The Message? If so this article has some very valid points. Personally, I think the writer is being very charitable because I cannot stand the message. It’s generous even calling a paraphrase, let alone a translation. It is commentary on the Bible by Eugene Peterson, nothing more. There are many, many times that The Message claims something very different than what the Bible says.
About The Author
Carla Alvarez is the founder of Raised to Walk and a contributor at An Unexpected Journal where she writes about the Christian faith, a Communications Director at Legacy Marketing Services where she uses her BS in Marketing to create communication strategies for business, and a third grade Sunday school teacher where she uses her MA in Apologetics to keep up with questions from eight-year-olds. Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.
- The Synchronicity of God
- What Does "My People Perish for Lack of Knowledge" Mean?
- Discerning of Spirits Examples
- Discerning the Presence of the Holy Spirit
- Hearing God's Voice : Thoughts & A Review of Discerning the Voice of God
- Developing the Gift of Discerning of Spirits
- Renting Lacy Summary
- What Does it Mean to Quench the Spirit?
- Habakkuk’s Prayer for Fear in Times of Trouble
- God Has Not Given Us a Spirit of Fear – or Coronavirus
- America, the City on a Hill, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- What was the Reformation and Why Did it Happen?
- Announcing #NoFear: A 7-Day Devotional Journal to Overcome Fear & Anxiety
- How to Pray Effectively: A Review of “Strike the Mark”
- What Does “My People Perish for Lack of Knowledge” Mean?
- Tending the Lampstand: On Repentance and Righteousness