Category: Bible Study
The prophet Hosea had a word of warning for the people of Israel, one that was brought with a vivid illustration of how the Lord viewed their worship. We are familiar with God using visions and dreams to speak to his people, but prophets were also often instructed to perform physical acts symbolizing either the listeners’ spiritual state, the coming judgment, or the promised restoration. This is true in the Book of Hosea.Read More
Who was Athaliah in the Bible? The Jewish queen most people are familiar with from the Bible is Queen Esther; however, although Esther was Jewish, she was the queen of Persia and did not reign in her own right. Athaliah is the only queen, either in Israel or Judah, that reigned in her own right … even though that reign was obtained illegally.The account of Athaliah’s reign is found in 2 Kings 8:16-11:16 and 2 Chronicles 22:10-23:15.This is part of the 2019 One Year Chronological Bible studyRead More
- What Does "My People Perish for Lack of Knowledge" Mean?
- The Synchronicity of God
- The One Year Chronological Bible on YouVersion
- Discerning of Spirits Examples
- Discerning the Presence of the Holy Spirit
- Hearing God's Voice : Thoughts & A Review of Discerning the Voice of God
- Developing the Gift of Discerning of Spirits
- Renting Lacy Summary
- Did Job Cry Out to God?
- Job’s Dilemma: When God is Great
- Prophesying a Turnaround in Job 8
- Job’s Misconceptions About God
- Deception vs True Discernment in Job 4-5
- What’s the Name of Your Golden Calf?
- On Deceptive Experiences: A Review of “Dodging Evil”
- Lent Read-Along: John Ploughman’s Talks by Charles Spurgeon