Tag: Council of Nicea
Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Easter Eggs and Maundy Thursday: Where Did Our Easter Traditions Come from?
For the past several days, I’ve been compiling information on local services for Easter and Holy Week. Aside from the Easter and Christmas Christians, there really are people out there that don’t have a church they would feel comfortable walking into if they felt so led. This was my little contribution by removing one excuse from the equation.Read More
As I mentioned in another post, I go into the Kingwood Garden Center once a week to get information for their newsletter. This week Michal wanted to include a blurb titled “Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Citrus” as a lead in to suggest giving citrus trees as gifts.
As I started gathering the information, the thought crossed my mind to see if there was actually a connection between Christmas and oranges. So I googled “Christmas and oranges” and a whole series of articles on oranges in Christmas stockings and St. Nicholas came up.Read More
- What Does "My People Perish for Lack of Knowledge" Mean?
- The Synchronicity of God
- Discerning of Spirits Examples
- Discerning the Presence of the Holy Spirit
- Hearing God's Voice : Thoughts & A Review of Discerning the Voice of God
- Developing the Gift of Discerning of Spirits
- Renting Lacy Summary
- What Does it Mean to Quench the Spirit?
- When David Chose the Plague
- When We Count the Days: Mental Health Bible Verses
- Habakkuk’s Prayer for Fear in Times of Trouble
- God Has Not Given Us a Spirit of Fear – or Coronavirus
- America, the City on a Hill, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- What was the Reformation and Why Did it Happen?
- Announcing #NoFear: A 7-Day Devotional Journal to Overcome Fear & Anxiety
- How to Pray Effectively: A Review of “Strike the Mark”