Regarding This Site
Thank you for visiting Raised to Walk. Below are legal declarations required by our advertising and affiliate partners, but here is the short version:
Copyright: All of the material on this site including articles, downloads, audio and video files, and images, are copyrighted to Raised to Walk and the noted authors. If you would like to quote a portion of the article, please do so; however, please cite Raised to Walk and the author with a link to the article.
Images on This Site: There are a number of graphics and images on the site. You are free to share them on social media and other sites as long as the credit to Raised to Walk remains and a link back to the site is given. All of the images are either original photography or licensed stock photography. If you are looking for a source for stock photography and images, these are the first sites I go to:
- iClipart: A very inexpensive membership for photos suitable for web images
- Pixabay: A great site for royalty free images.
- 123RF: This started as an online marketplace for photographers to earn a little extra from images they’ve taken. It has now expanded to vectors, video, and audio. This is currently one of my favorite sources for images. There are some very unique photos and conceptual compositions. You can buy blocks of credits on demand or sign up for a monthly subscription depending on your needs. The one thing to note is to check the licensing terms of each photo. Some are for editorial use only and other restrictions on use.
- iStockphoto: Up until a couple of years ago, the pricing for iStock was similar to 123rf. It is quite a bit more expensive now, but they also have a huge selection of media available in a number of resolutions and formats. If you need an image for print, you might want to check here first.
- ShareFaith: The main focus of this company is providing visual communications in a box for Churches. They have a church web site program and graphic packs (newsletters, service programs, powerpoints, and web images) predesigned that can be edited by churches. However, they do have a media only membership (this is new in 2015) for only $17 a month if billed annually. Obviously, the media all has a faith based theme. Comparing this to other site pricing and memberships, this is a great option if you have a faith based site. One note, since this is targeted towards churches, the membership will ask you for your church information, I just left that blank.
Content Submission: If you would like to submit a relevant article to be published on the site, please contact us.
We have a pretty open comment policy on RaisedtoWalk.org; however, here are a few basic guidelines.
- Be nice, both to the author and fellow commenters. The internet doesn’t give you a pass to be rude. If you wouldn’t say something in front of your pastor, your boss or your mom, you might want to rethink it. Nasty comments will not be published.
- It’s okay to disagree: As I tell my girls, someone isn’t being mean just because they say something you don’t like. It’s okay to disagree, just do so courteously. Also remember if someone doesn’t agree with you, they aren’t attacking or invalidating you personally, they just don’t agree with something you said.
- Be relevant: Please keep your comment relevant to the topic of the post.
- Be concise: Informational comments are great; however, there comes a point where it is probably more appropriate as its own post as response. If you have a lot to say, you might want to consider starting your own site. Again, you can contact us for more information.
- Be accurate: There is a lot of garbage propagated on the internet. You might notice that most articles on this site have sources cited, sometimes extensively. This is part of the reason I don’t post as frequently as some sites do, because if I say something, I want to be able to provide the source for my information so that you can check it out and test for truth (1 Thess 5:21.) That takes time. On a data heavy article, it often takes as much time, if not longer, to research and format citations as it does to write the article itself. Our Lord is truth (John 14:6) and we should be truth seekers, so please if you state something, do your best to make sure it is accurate. Don’t contribute to lies by spreading hearsay. Also, if you see something on this site that you don’t believe is valid and you have a more credible source, please let me know.
- Speak Life: In the times that we live in, there are many people who are spreading lies, distortions, and even another gospel. Although we are to ruthlessly tear down every false belief (2 Cor 10:3-5), we aren’t to also tear down the person that holds it (Prov 18:21). There are numerous times in the Bible where specific false teachers are named; however, there are others, many in fact, where the issue is addressed but the specific person spreading it is not mentioned. So I don’t think the fact that occasionally false teachers are named in the New Testament is a free pass to always do so. When it comes to naming names, seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Here are a couple of things to think about. If a friend of yours held that belief, how would you address it? Also keep in mind that person is someone Jesus loves and died for. If he was standing right there, how would you phrase your comment? (1 Peter 3:13-17)
Terms and Conditions of Use
- MINIMUM AGE. You must be at least 18 years old to access and participate on this site. You guarantee and warrant you are at least 18 years old and are able to enter into this Agreement from a legal perspective.
- EBOOK SIGNUPS AND MAILINGS. You have the option, but not obligation, to sign up and receive a free eBook from us. Should you do so, you are agreeing to receive further emailings from us of a commercial nature.
- USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Company, for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Company or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
- USER CONTENT. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the site, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a permanent, non-exclusive license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet businesses of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the site, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
- COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the site, you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you. All Digital Millennium Copyright Act matters are processed pursuant to our DMCA Policy, which you may access via the DMCA link at the bottom of the page.
- INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any Content that (a) is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening; (b) advocates or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or foreign law or regulation; (c) advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods or services; or (d) provides medical advice to other users. Company reserves the right to terminate your receipt, transmission, or other distribution of any such material using the site, and, if applicable, to delete any such material from its servers. Company intends to cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials or agencies in the investigation of any violation of these Terms or of any applicable laws.
- COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your account. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
- NO WARRANTIES. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES. WE ARE MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
- LIMITED LIABILITY. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY US. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES. The Site contains links to third party Web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Company of the contents on such third-party Web sites. Company is not responsible for the content of linked third-party Web sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of material on such third party Web sites. If you decide to access linked third-party Web sites, you do so at your own risk.
- PROHIBITED USES. We impose certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” “crashing” or instituting a “DDOS” attack on the Site; (d) using the Site to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Site; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by us in providing the Site. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
- COPYRIGHT. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © 2015 Raised to Walk.
- NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by us or by any third party.
- UNITED STATES USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Company from its offices in the State of Texas. The domain of the website is registered in the United States and the Site is hosted in the United States. The intended audience for this site consists of individuals in the United States only. Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site should not be construed as Company’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than Texas and the United States.
- AMENDMENTS. Company reserves the right to amend these Terms. Should Company seek to make such an amendment, which we determine is material in our sole discretion, we shall:(a) Provide you notice by email of said change 15 days prior to the change going into force, and
(b) Publish on the home page the fact an amendment will be made.
Should a court of competent jurisdiction rule this Amendment provision invalid, then this Amendment clause shall be terminated as part of this agreement. All amendments to the Terms shall be forward looking.